Thread: Mohawk, Tennessee User breathes sigh of Relief!

Beans

Smile Mohawk, Tennessee User breathes sigh of Relief!

Hello Everyone
    I am new to this forum but not new to Linux in general. I have been down the slippery slope of so-so distros. for almost 10 years. I still consider myself to be learning but like most I learn on a need to know basis.
    After Using Ubuntu for about 2 years I am proud to say I have finally became MS free!
    The current support system and the almost automatic updates have kept me grounded with Ubuntu. The fact that Ubuntu has became so user friendly has made it possible for my wife to use comfortably. Bringing my wife over to Linux has spared me all the associated nightmares of MS.
    I just this past week installed Ubuntu on my Sister's laptop as a Dual-Boot and she Loves it! It will be some time before she reaches the comfort level to be MS free but considering how horrible the View is aka, you know..... She is motivated.
    If there is anything I can do here in this Tennessee group please let me know.
    Just a quick note on installing dual-boot on my Sister's laptop
    Normal install got to the point of configuring unused space and failed. I was able to boot into the CD Live desktop and use Gparted to get around the issue. I think it has to do with the way that Vista configures the hard drive on install. It works! that was my objective!

Thanks to all!!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Mohawk, Tennessee User breathes sigh of Relief!

good job. i recently got my mother to try out Ubuntu. All she does is browse the internet, and was already use to firefox, and play solitaire. gonna have to show her how to install programs now maybe.

Beans

Re: Mohawk, Tennessee User breathes sigh of Relief!

I was able to show my Sister how to use the synaptic package manager last evening. It took her all of 5 minutes to grasp and was downloading games when I left.I will give her some time before going into how to download from internet in general.
    I say Thanks Again to all the Ubuntu Team!