Thread: Can I use Ubuntu tools to clone an external drive that contains MACOS (High Sierra)?

Beans

Can I use Ubuntu tools to clone an external drive that contains MACOS (High Sierra)?

This is not specifically about ubuntu running on mac hardware, but thinking someone managing multi-boot environment might have run into a similar need/solution...

I wish to clone (onto a larger device) the startup drive removed from a MAC OS system (High Sierra) which contains Apple's HFS+ filesystems.

I tried dd to duplicate the drive's contents onto another one, then gparted to relocate the third (small, "recovery") partition to the end of the larger drive, however, gparted does not appear to have HFS+ filesystem support (needed to expand the second/root filesystem to take up the available space between end of the existing root/main filesystem and start of the newly relocated third/recovery filesystem).

Can this task be done with command-line (or GUI) tools available in the Ubuntu/Linux environment?

I do not wish to use a commercial product for this (one-time) task.

Thank you, and happy to provide any needed clarifying information.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Can I use Ubuntu tools to clone an external drive that contains MACOS (High Sierr

Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.